Includes 1 Participant Spot With One Horse (Trick Riding Horse Rental available for $150)
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP TO BECOME A TRICK RIDER?
Join the Trixie Chicks Trick Riders for a weekend packed full of Trick Riding instruction and fun!
Trick riding is a highly specialized form of stunt riding that requires physical skill, a well-trained equine, and specialized equipment. It can be quite dangerous, especially when you omit one or more of the aforementioned requirements!
For example, it is not advised to trick ride on a horse that has not been trained by a trick riding professional, nor is it wise to outfit your regular saddle with trick riding straps. There are books and videos that promote self-teaching, but trustworthy trick riding professionals will always advise newcomers to seek in-person training or supervision.
Because of the level of risk involved, it is best to have a professional trick rider supervising you and your horse.
So we offer clinics around our performance schedule in order to give newcomers the best chance at success!!
At every rodeo or event we perform at, we meet young riders that dream of learning to be trick riders.
It is an amazing sport and we're so lucky to get to do what love. That's why we're passionate about teaching what we have learned in our years of trick riding.
Here are some details and recommendations for our clinics:
- Minimum Age: Varies Based On Maturity, Physical Capabilities, & Horsemanship
- No Trick Riding Experience Is Needed, But You Must At Least Know Basic Horsemanship.
- We Welcome All Levels Of Trick Riding Students For Clinics (From 1st Day Students To Elite Professionals Looking To Take Their Abilities To The Next Level).
- Proof Of Health Insurance Is Required.
- Helmets Will Be Available For Use If You Choose Not To Bring Your Own. All Students Will Be Required To Wear Them Unless An Equine Helmet Waiver Of Liability Has Been Signed.
- Liability Waivers Must Be Submitted Prior To Participating In Any Clinic.
- You May Bring Your Own Horse For Training Or Use One Of Our Trained Horses For An Extra Fee. Board For Your Horse Is Included In The Clinic Fee.
- Attire: Athletic Clothes (Long Sleeves, Short Sleeves, Yoga Pants, Etc.), Longer Socks To Protect Ankles, Dress In Layers
- Footwear: Wrestling Shoes (No Thick Soles. You Need To Be Able To Point And Flex Your Foot)
- ALL Long Hair Must Be Fastened Back For Safety.
- Please Bring Chapstick, Sunscreen, And Allergy Medication
- Physical Fitness Recommendation: 20-30 Push-ups And/Or Pull-ups, 50 Sit-ups, & Stretching For Flexibility
Here is a link to a safety video on trick riding that I would like you to watch before you come!
Located at Gascon Horsemanship Ranch at 270 H Burge Road, Poplarville, MS 39470
**Need a place to stay? We have an onsite AirBnb! ➡️ https://vist.ly/43vp
Clinic was amazing. Extremely personal, attention to detail and safety. Anything you want to know about trick riding, you can learn here. Any trick you have always want to learn they can show you. It is quite obvious they have the skill and more importantly the passion to pass on what they know about the sport.
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with the Trixie Chicks Trick Riding Clinic! Our team is truly passionate about trick riding, and it brings us great joy to share our skills and knowledge with enthusiasts like you. We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled that you felt supported in learning new tricks!